This unit, Firestone WR17602145 Air-Rite Dual Cab Control Kit, allows me to adjust and monitor two individual Firestone Air Springs from the driver seat. It comes with 60 feet of 1/4 inch air line tubing, 2 T fittings and necessary hardware to install panel. Here are step by step instructions:
1. Select the location you would like to install the panel.
2. Use the panel as a template for marking. Drill two 3/16″ diameter holes at each of the marked area. In my case, left mounting point was lining up with an opening. So I had to drill another mounting point.
3. Drill holes for intake and output air lines and mount the panel.
4. Connect the air tubing to the control panel. Here is a quick reference from Firestone install manual.
5. I am tapping into headlight/dimmer switch output (orange with brown stripe) to get positive current to the control panel.
It is the second wire between the orange with black stripe and the white with yellow stripe wires.
When dimmer is turned down all the way, Multimeter reads 2.4 V.
When dimmer is turned up all the way, Multimeter reads 11.4 V.
Project Difficulty Rating Easy Medium Hard
Project Shopping List
- Firestone WR17602145 Air-Rite Dual Cab Control Kit,
- Split Loom
- Wire Connectors
- Nylon Cable Ties
- Electrical Tape
- Dremel Tool
- File Set
- Wire Cutter/Stripper
- Soldering iron
- Philips Screwdriver